mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Hay in Eye - Infection?

All:



This morning I went to feed Asa, and found that his left eye was a bit puffy and half-closed. I looked closer, and saw that he had somehow gotten a 3/4-inch long piece of hay in his eye sometime during the night.



I caught him, which he hates. He struggled a bit, but I was able to pull the piece straight out of the eye. The eyeball was not punctured (thank heaven!), but there was lots of "goop" on the end of the hay that was in his eye.



Tonight he is still holding it half closed. I know from my own experience that an irritated eye can take a couple of days to feel better, but I am worried about infection. What should I be on the lookout for, as far as symptoms?



Tomorrow is a holiday, of course (always seems to happen that way, doesn't it?!?), and I don't really want to take him to the expensive emergency vet, but should I?



Thanks much.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire