mercredi 24 décembre 2014

Eye Problem?!?!

I hate to write this but it seems at this time i may need some help. Ive already made up my mind to call the vet as soon as i possibly can and get carl in for an appointment but around the hoildays its the worst with everybody being off for the holidays. Carl had some serious white discharge around his eye. Hes always had a slight wet eye but nothing serious and he dosent have any problems with his eating, drinking, poops, pees or chewing in general. He's acting fine. He just tends to sit and sleep or relax when im in the room. Unless i get up to his cage then he runs around. I have this fear about his teeth. And although i feel as though nothing should be wrong with his teeth, i dont want to rule out the possibility. Could this possibly be a bacterial infection? Or a cold? I just want to know what ill be walking into with the vet and my possibilities. I've heard horrible things about "exotic" vets trying to push meds on chinchillas that arent actually good for them. Does anybody know the possible eye meds i should stay away from? We've also turned the heat on a lot in my house (My room stays at a nice temperature for carl, if anything it can get a bit too cool in my room which i take care of if thats the case) My mom asked if it could be the dry heat causing the discharge? ive wiped his eye and gave him a dust bath, hopefully it wont return. Ill be keeping an eye on him until i get an appointment with the vet. Until than ill be freaking out about what to do and probably crying! Also ive just gotten him a new cage last month and i just bought him some new stuff for his cage, a hay feeder, a teepee made of dried grass or hay or something like that, a wooden toy and some chew sticks. Although i doubt its any of those, id really like im insight.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire