lundi 22 décembre 2014

Won't stop picking at foot

Hello everyone, I've been trolling here for a while and have done quite a bit of thread reading. I'm posting because I've read a few threads regarding what my chin is doing now but haven't foind the answer I'm looking for.



Long story short, this afternoon I'm cleaning their cage and notice blood. Doing a little looking around I find that one if my chins is bleeding from one of their hind legs where it usually is calloused looking. Tonight I skipped play time because when I let him out during the cleaning earlier it started bleeding again because he was really active. I also noticed him picking at the leg and causing it to bleed again. I guess my question is , do they ever heal on their own? Is this behavior what they do in the wild when an injury like this occurs? I'm going to watch it for a day and see what he does but in the mean time I was going to try to keep his cage as clean as possible. Also, he doesn't like to be picked up or handled so is there anyway I can get him to stop picking at it? Or do I let it run its course. He's still eating and drinking like a rockstar but man, seeing blood in the cage is scary!



Sorry for the droning on and on.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire