lundi 25 septembre 2017

What should I hand feed a newborn chinchilla?

Hi, so about 2 weeks ago I bought some chinchillas, a 4 month old baby, the mom and the dad. Today the mom of the 4 month old chin had a baby chinchilla! I didn't know she was pregnant! So my question is, what can I feed the baby chinchilla just in case the mom isn't producing milk? I can see the baby under her and it looks like it's sucking milk but I'm not 100% sure the mom actually has milk. If I could I would check the mom to see if she has milk but she is really aggressive. So could I hand feed the baby chinchilla, puppy formula? If not, what could I feed it? Also at how many weeks is it best to start interacting with the baby so that it's tame ( not going to rehome her, I'm going to keep her) Thanks in advanced:)
Also some of you may have seen the other thread that I did a couple weeks ago and I just wanted to let you know that I'm not talking about the pregnant chinchilla that I mentioned in that thread. Sadly she and another chin passed away on September 2nd of a heat stroke. I had left them in the house with the AC on but it stopped working and since I was gone for a couple hours I didn't know until I got home. 2 of my other chinchillas were also suffering from a heat stroke that day but fortunately they survived and are doing great!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire