samedi 30 septembre 2017

Chinchilla bumblefoot??

Ive just adopted this chinchilla from someone who didn't really seem to care for him. Although he had a large cage it was empty other than a shelf, water bottle and food dish. The base of his cage had blue fluff (some sort of absorbent material) sprinkled sparingly throughout. You could still see much of the black plastic base. I've already gone and added a bunch more shelves, toys, hammocks/beds, covered everything in fleece and switched out that blue fluff for fleece on the base. Today I was able to look at his feet and they seemed awful! Is this possibly bumblefoot?? It seems really bad. Should this be brought to an emergency vet or can it wait for an appointment? He was very squirmy and he doesn't know me well enough yet for me to hold him still for others. I'm not sure how the vet would be able to asses his feet if it is bumble. Would they have to administer a sedative to get him to sit still? Would this cost more or affect him negatively? I'm a student and therefore have very low income. I'm so worried about this little guy. I can feel his bones leading me to believe he was unbelievably malnourished.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6758.jpg (157 Bytes)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire