vendredi 15 septembre 2017

break up a M/F pair to repair M/M?

So I am fostering Chinchillas and well I had to keep some just because I got attached and I enjoy them. So We have nibbler our first. He is awesome we paired him up with a female they hit it off right away. Well I do not want babies but I want Nibbler to have a friend. SO I have this young male that I LOVE!!!! He is the best Chin. I want to pair him up with nibbler.

SO I took Potato the new young male about a year old out to the play room. I let him hope around before I let Nibbler out. The 2 were out and Nibbler mounted Potato. Potato did nothing just tried to walk away. They sniffed noses and were fine when on their way. They then took a dust bath together. Well after a little bit Nibbler the older one Jumped on Potato and pulled his fur. I broke it up and took potato back to his cage.

NOW I did have Nibblers lady friend in the same room in their cage. All and all it went well till than. SO I want to try again but do cages side by side and remove the female?

Nibbler and the female have only been together for a few weeks. Well they be sad if I split them up?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire