mardi 5 septembre 2017

What do I do with my chinchillas if I lose power if hurricane Irma hits Florida?!?

I have two chinchillas. I've had them for nine years and we live in South Florida (below Miami). So far in those 9 years we have not had hurricanes hit us, just tropical storms that have not caused any power outages. But as it stands now Hurricane Irma is suppose to hit us this weekend (sept 8-10 2017). If we lose power what can I do for my chinchillas to help them to survive should we lose power?

I have called my local vet to see if they would have ac with their generator and they said no they would not be running ac with their generator just their fridges so their meds don't go bad.

I searched online and it recommended frozen jars of ice or cool blocks to put in their cage, but with the heat here in Florida that would only last maybe an hour. Can anyone please help me with what to do!?!? I love my Chinchillas and don't want to lose them!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire