jeudi 7 septembre 2017

Is a playpen needed for chins ?

Hello everyone, I have chinchillas since 6 months and i'm always up to make them as happy as possible

I have this feeling (and to be honest i've always had it with every animals) that they are bored, though i'm not really sure

I tried many things to keep them occupied, I tried to grab them and put them in my room, way too dangerous.

Talking about grabbing them, either I have to go very slow and they always flee, or I go too fast and they gonna bark (even though they NEVER bite me, and of course I NEVER hurt them). Any tips about it ? I tried to give them the treats that they love after grabbing them, they won't accept it, I also noticed thye don't lose much fur when I try to catch them so I guess they don't see me as predator, maybe thye just wanna be left alone ?

Anyway, I tried to put them in the safest place in my house, the bathroom, its pretty spacious but in the end its just a big space to run, at best, nothing fun (or maybe it is for them?)

I thought about buying a playpen like one of these http://ift.tt/2j5EEEe and put a lot of toys in it but I'm doubtful about something :

Is it really useful ? Because 1) Their cage is the biggest I could find in term of already made rodent cage (140x80x50) and they already have all the toys I could find in it, including a wheel, two tubes, 4 hiding spots, rocks for their teeth and a ball with hay. Do you have any idea what else I could put ?

I also have a bit of remorse because unfortunatly, I can't really play with them a lot because 1) I don't have much access to the only possible playground for them, the bathroom (because of personal reasons, can't go there much) 2) They seem scared of me or at best they just don't wanna be held, I can force them but in the end i do it for them so...

Any idea or experience from you to keep my chinchillas busy ? Or to know if they are happy, and if a playpen is useful in my case or not ? please


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire