lundi 25 septembre 2017

Cagemate problem?

Hello!

I have been a chinchilla owner for 11 years to my male chinchilla, Walter. 2 years ago I paired him with a 2 year old chinchilla, Theo. Theo passed away suddenly from what we think was a bug bite on his nose, it happened really fast & despite efforts to save him, he passed away.

Walter has been taking the loss of his friend really well, no problems eating or drinking etc..I got him a Chinbuddie which he cuddles with and I have him housed in a 3 level ferret nation cage. The bottom portion of the cage is home to my 2nd chinchilla Oliva, which was supposed to be an "Oliver".

Although they are still bunked, I believe they can still communicate although they cannot see each other, but I cannot help to think that Walter needs a new friend. He is certainly an alfa male and I think that Theo's submissive personality was a great match for Walter, but I am afraid of matching him with another rescue. Do you guys think that having him bunked with Oliva is enough or would he benefit from another chinchilla? I'm just nervous he won't take to another chinchilla besides Theo. Does anyone have advice?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire