vendredi 7 avril 2017

What should I do with my very scared chinchilla

Hello, I bought my chinchilla 5 days ago.

She is very scared, she let me touch her if she isnt in her hideout and if I go very slow (she never tried to bite me so i guess it's a good sign)

But 99% of the time she won't get off her house and she will jump at any sudden movement i do (and I do my best not to do any, really)

I tried to give her apple but she won't eat any (from my hand or even if i leave it there) So the only way for me to tame her is to approach her which is impossible without scaring her. So I feel pretty stuck.

I just wonder what I should do to get her trust. Should I just wait it out ? Or try to make a move ? Right now I just tried to talk to her through the bars of the cage, without doing a movement, but i was so focused on not moving that when she moved it scared me so i scared her back and she kept doing whiny noises (the ones chinchilla do when they are scared) I'm starting to act like a chinchilla and get scared at any movement she does :laughitup:

I'm very scared to f**k up with her :S I'm also worried because since she is alone, she'll feel sad (I suppose ?) but I can't do anything about it because she doesn't want me around :S Any suggestions ?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire