jeudi 27 avril 2017

Advice about new cage and bedding!

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum but have had my two chinchillas for 10 years now.
I've always had cages from John Hopewell but recently the wire in my current cage has broken and I'm in need of a new one. I wanted a change and to find a sturdier cage. I found this one http://ift.tt/2oATHZ1 and think it looks good, although any opinions would be welcome!

My question is about the floor of the cage. My chinchillas have always had a wire floor, covered with fleece because one is prone to bumblefoot. This cage doesn't have a wire floor and I was wondering what you guys all use as bedding as I'm aware that the ferret nation is very similar. The fleece isn't really a bedding for my chins because they like to move it out of the way in order to pee over the wire and we use newspaper in the tray to catch it. I'm also worried about the tray potentially rusting in this cage because of this. Biscuits (one of my chinchillas) just has an obsession with moving the fleece out of his way in general, and with digging at it.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated! :)

Rachel


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire