mercredi 19 avril 2017

Chinchilla Questions

Hello!

My name is Jasmyne, and though I am not a current Chinchilla owner but I am actually looking to buy one. I know they are a long term commitment, so I have some questions I am very curious about. I have researched a lot about getting a Chinchilla, and I have everything I would need to buy tracked down for one, including appropriately sized cages, a bunch of wooden chews and also toys to keep the size of their teeth down and for entertainment, exercise wheels, hideaways, cloud dust bath, an exercise pen, and found some unneeded stuff I would like to get like a little Chin Cat-Bed for example. I have researched a lot about them, like what they should and should not eat, diseases they can catch, and how to care for them. I even looked up a Chinchilla veterinarian which is close by to where I live. Even though I have done this research I do have a couple questions that were kind of hard to find answers too? I would appreciate any help, advice, personal experience, or if you have a link to information written by a doctor on these subjects I would greatly appreciate it!

From everything that I read, Chinchillas each have their own unique personality, but can they be successful service animals? I will be looking at getting a kit, as I have read that will cause Chins to be more friendly and I would love to get a White Mosiac Chin from a breeder. (I will not be buying from a store so don't worry, I do know about the issues with Pet Shops. :'00). But I have extreme anxiety issues, and intense sadness swings, and after my grandparents passed away, it has been much worse. I would love to register my ten-year-old cat, but he has a lot of emotional problems and I do not think I will not be taking him when I move out. I have looked up many forums, and the majority of people have said yes, but I wanted to see if experienced Chin owners had anything to say on this. I would mainly be looking for an animal to cuddle, groom, and focus on when I am feeling upset. I am a night owl, so I do not mind that they are active at night either haha. That is a segway into my next question, however! I know that Chinchillas shouldn't have collars or harnesses as it can cause stress and hair loss, but can they go into pet safe travel bags? As I said before, I get extreme anxiety around people and sometimes I shut down so I would probably like to take it with me for short trips. :'0 From what I've seen it's okay depending on the Chin and how long, but I can't find any specifics for what I am looking for.

Thank you for looking at my post!
- Jasmyne S.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire