mardi 4 avril 2017

Chinchilla playtime questions!

Hello!

I am a relatively new chinchilla owner. I've had them for a couple months now but they have previously lived with my girlfriend. Due to her moving they now live with me and I am learning how to be an awesome Chin-Parent! I've already learned so much but there is something peculiar about my one chinchilla boy.

I have 3 chinchillas total. One in his own cage and two brothers in another. The singular Chinchilla seemingly LOVES playtime! His energy is absolutely crazy and he seemingly never wants to stop. I want to regulate it to an hour long session but after the first week or so he seems to know that if he gets back in his cage Im going to close the door. And getting him myself is a hassle and I am always worried about making him hate me because I have to try and get ahold of him.

When he's out during playtime he always tries to get either under the couch or the bed. I have chinchilla proofed the entrances but he is relentless and doesn't seem to focus on other areas in the playroom. Is this something I should be worried about? DId I start the playtime sessions too early without properly bonding with him so I can pick him up?

When I try to pick him up he makes grumbly noises, and last night he made teeth chattering sounds at me. He also doesnt ever seem to want the rosehip treats I offer him probably due to the fact that ive decided to no longer give him those fattening dandelion treats that Ive learned are really bad for them.

Any advice would be helpful! I just want to make sure he lives a happy life. I know i probably asked a handful of questions so any answers are awesome!

Thank you!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire