vendredi 26 août 2016

I'm not sure what's going on?

Let me start by saying I use this site simply to educate myself on my chinchilla. I just got him a month ago and he is a year old. I adopted him from my brother who couldn't give him the attention he needed and the chinchilla and I bonded almost instantly, so he gave him to me.

Since I've had him everything has been fine. I've been taking slow steps into gaining his trust and he is pretty comfortable around me, and allows me to pet him, give him treats, and climb on my shoulder. I'm only posting this because I can't find anything that matches exactly what is happening right now.

I spent all day with Mousse (the chinchilla) and let him play like normal, changed his water, refilled his food, gave him a dust bath, etc. Tonight however I heard him start to bark in his cage. I know this is a sign of fear usually in them so I approached to see what the matter was. He instantly backed into a corner and barked louder looking directly at me. I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to stress him out so I moved away from the cage and checked the site.

People were saying it can also be a sign of being lonely so I thought maybe he wanted petting. When I reproached Mousse (who has been barking this whole time) he goes back to shoving himself in a corner and when i reached out my hand slowly he flipped out and ran from me. He is currently hiding in his little house. :(

I don't know what happened to trigger this sudden fear of me. He and I have never had an issue with each other and he is usually a pretty tough little guy. Could something else be wrong? What should I do?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire