mardi 30 août 2016

Cage bottom questions - please help!

Hello!
I have recently adopted 2 chinchilla brothers. The cage I bought was supposed to be safe for chinchillas, but upon doing research I've found that the bottom is not entirely great for them so I'm looking into ways to improve it.

The cage has a wire bottom that is 1/2 inch apart in one direction, but larger gaps in the other direction (probably more appropriate for birds?). As seen here:

http://ift.tt/2byb3QP

I'm thinking about placing a tile in between the two houses on the bottom level where I see them constantly land during their frolicking around. But wanted to make sure -- are porcelain tiles safe for chinchillas (as this is what I have on hand)? This would just be an interim step until we have the supplies to refit the wire mesh bottom with 1/4 inch x 1/4 inch mesh.

Just want to keep the little guys safe! Thanks!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire