mercredi 15 mai 2019

Is my chinchilla okay?

Hey everyone, I posted a day or two back about my chinchilla having soft poop. Good news is, I was able to get the poo back to normal, but another thing has came up that has me wondering if my chinchilla is okay or if I am just paranoid.
He's young, not sure of the age, I imagine less then 4 months?. He eats Oxbow pellets and Oxbow timothy hay. The first few days he was quite active and ate his hay(not much) and once I got him his oxbow pellets he ate those(again not much). I have had him for about 1 week now and lately it seems like he spends quite a bit of time sleeping and is hardly active. I haven't seen him eat much and I keep supplying him with fresh food. However, when he is awake it's for maybe 30 minutes at a time and he seems alert and active, he doesn't seem sluggish or anything. I've seen him drink but not really eat lately. I am up till about 2am every night and he hasn't been active much or at all during this time anymore. I gave him a shredded wheat to see if he could even eat and he ate about half of it, so I'm not worried that he has a mouth problem or anything.
I'm mostly wondering if this is fairly normal with chinchillas and they go through phases, or if it sounds like something is wrong with him, again when he is awake he seems alert and active, just haven't seen him eat. Any advice would be super appreciated, and I thank you in advance! I hope that everything is okay with him and that I am just paranoid.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire