dimanche 8 octobre 2017

Vet visit

I took my chinchilla to the vet last month after I found out his one top incisor had overgrown and so they trimmed it and said one side of his molars look great and the other side good, but could be slightly better but it fine. Well, less than a month later its started overgrowing again because he refuses to chew anything besides some pellets.

A friend helped and took him to the vet again yesterday and now a different vet is saying he has hooks on his molars and wants to put him under to file them.

What are some major flags or concerns I should have when dealing with chinchilla's teeth and what the Vet says/recommends?

My chin's appointment is tomorrow and I'm also getting an X-ray done this time to make sure things aren't more serious than the vet is making it appear.

Procedure list:

Sedation/Anesthesia Minor
Teeth Trim
Metacam Oral 1.5mg/ ml per ml
Radiology Exotic/ sm mammal 2 view
Enrofloxacin suspension 30mg/mL

My chinchilla is honestly not a huge chewer to begin with so I'm really at a loss on how to help promote him to chew on something besides just his food pellets. Also, I was planning on getting some probiotic to add to Critical Care cause of the Enrofloxacin.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire