mercredi 18 octobre 2017

Elder care....

So I kept the old ladies from my rescue. I have 5 females all living happy together. 3 are older one is very old and missing a foot. the other 2 one is young and healthy the others is old and FAT! Mima is the oldest female missing a foot and her bff is Fluffy who gets around really well at too cute together. Mima I think has arthritis so when she trys to take a dust bath she can not turn. So I have started to give her hand bathes.

How do you care for elderly Chinchillas? does anyone have any Old chins that are over 13 years old? How are your old ones holding up?

Besides my 5 females I have 2 males in another cage. when you have 50 chins to pick from you are going to fall for a few. It would have been more but I let some great ones go off to awesome homes.

These ladies are all part of a breeding herd that never had the run of a room or a large cage. Now they have a double critter nation to play in; but they like to all stay together in the bottom cage. Some go into the top part but not for long.

I will post photos of my little old ladies. well all but rose are old.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire