samedi 14 octobre 2017

Going from Sunburst to Oxbow

Hi there! I'm a new chinnie owner. I'm sure this question has been asked a multitude of times, but I couldn't really find the exact answer I was looking for on the forums here.

When my boyfriend and I got our chinchilla almost a month ago, the pet store person told us they were feeding her the Sunburst Gourmet food, and me being the idiot I am went and bought it since I thought that's what she'd be used to. She's almost out of food now and I went to go and order her a new bag, but over the weeks I've been noticing that she pretty much just picks out the treats from the bowl and leaves both her hay and pellets fairly untouched. She's a very active girl and poops like no other, so I'm not worried about any dietary problems, but I don't like the fact that her food has all these extra things in there and I feel bad for more or less giving her all these treats for a month and not giving her the diet she deserves.

I just went ahead and ordered a bag of the oxbow pellets and both the timothy and botanical hay from amazon (the latter I'm using as a treat), but I want to make sure I switch her over properly without causing any upset. Is there a sure-fire way to do this? She's warmed up to us very quickly so I don't want to do anything that would make her dislike us.

Here's our sweet girl below, hanging out with her new fleece liners I had made :dance3:



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire