jeudi 19 octobre 2017

Chinchilla with microphthalmia.

I have been working on rehoming 50 Chinchilas these last months. A family member passed away and left her husband with 50 chinchillas. He did not know what to do SO I step in. I kept 7 for myself. I only have 3 chins left that need homes. So I am happy about that.

Here is one of my females I named her Pig she is very fat and looks to have microphthalmia she has one small eye. At first I thought it might be infected but it is clear, no crust, not runny, no discharge. I am pretty sure she is blind in that eye but it does not bother her at all.

I just need to get her weight down and she will be greats. I have been letting her out to explore and move around. She lives in a big cage with 4 others mellow females in a double critter nation she uses the whole cage.

Is microphthalmia common in some chin lines?

Meet Pig.

Her good eye
Pig by Sarah Ireland, on Flickr

Her little eye.
20171018_215948 by Sarah Ireland, on Flickr


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire