mardi 18 octobre 2016

Sharing toss toys and sticks?

Hello! I have two 6.5 month old chin brothers called Clodius and Milo. They seem pretty well bonded: they often sleep snuggled up together, groom each other often, and I *think* the dominance issue has been pretty quickly established: Clodius is the more ballsy of the two (although smaller). There was more dominance mounting in the first month. It has petered off a bit, but still happens occasionally -- usually Clodius mounting Milo, although Milo tries to assert himself once in a blue moon.

My question is about bonded chinchillas sharing toss toys and sticks. Whenever I give them something to play with I give them two, but 95% of the time Clodius loses interest in his own toy/stick after a few chews, and goes to grab Milo's. Sometimes Milo will let it go, but sometimes he gets irritated that his brother is being a greedy chin. There's some tug-of-war and sometimes some chasing.

I tend to intervene because I don't want them falling out with each other. Should I not be doing this? I realize animals will grab food/toys from each other and the concept of sharing isn't the same for them, but I've been sticking with putting fixed hanging toys in the cage, and monitoring stick chewing/shredding time (sticks come out of the cage when the chins lose interest) because I'm worried about them irritating each other. Am I being overly cautious? :hmm:

Anyone else have multiple chins living together who can advise?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire