mardi 4 octobre 2016

Corneal ulcer

My chin, Idgie, has a corneal ulcer. My vet and I have been treating it with antibiotic ointment, but there is a lot of tissue build up around it and the ulcer is unable to heal. We are considering a grid keratotomy and consulting with an exotic ophthalmologist to see how effective this would be. I am also looking into the option of having the eye removed. Idgie is otherwise in very good health. Eating, pooping, playing, etc. She just keeps that eye almost half closed--not sure how well she is seeing out of it. She is able to run and jump okay. She is about 11 years old.

Has anyone had experience or know of experience with this? I don't want her to suffer and go through tons of treatment. (She is taking a pain med). I just feel that if the procedure is unlikely to be effective and take months of healing to find out, it may be just easier to not try and save it. But how awful would removing her eye be? I am not ready to put her down because she is healthy and happy otherwise.

Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire