vendredi 28 août 2015

What Does This Mean

I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. My Chin has done this the past 2 nights. I have a video I uploaded below to show you what he is doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Wess_VrhA

I've had him for a week now and he is already climbing on my shoulder some and allowing the occasional pets.

The first time he let me pet him 2 days ago he was on this ledge and he let me pet him for like 20 secs and then started rubbing himself on the cage...

Last night my wife petted him a bit in another part of his cage and then jumped on this ledge(she was standing right beside it) and started rubbing himself on the cage towards her hand. I then reached in and petted him a bit and he accepted it.

After both of these events he shook his head and made a sneezing sound. It was just one noise not a chain of them. It also was not any kind of shriek... It sounds more of a sneeze.

He also chatters his teeth while in the position. I've read this could be anger or happiness. He let me pet him while he chatters... Does this symbolize happiness?

So, I guess I have a few questions here.....

Does anyone know what the rubbing of the cage means?

What could this sneezing noise be?

Should I leave him alone when he does this?

Does he associate this ledge with petting? Could this be his way of telling me he wants to be petted, by jumping on this ledge?

Like i said I've had him for a week and he seems to trust me. Last night before the petting he climbed off of the bathroom counter onto my shoulder and into my hand. He then let me set him on the floor, and he also climbed my back up to my shoulder the night before...

I just want to make sure I am not bothering him as I don't want him to be scared of me..... Just looking for someone with little more experience to help me out here..... Sorry for the long post!!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire