mercredi 26 août 2015

Sticky stinky poop and strange plant material in hay

So as I went to check on and pick up my chinchilla Tribble (female 7yrs old) tonight, I noticed her entire genital regions were absolutely covered in thick sticky stinky green poop. (Her genital area looks fine, just dirty, No prolapse) After cleaning her up I investigated the cage. She hasn't been given anything new or different and she eats oxbow chinchilla deluxe and oxbow Timothy hay. The only unusual thing I found in her cage was this bit of different plant material mixed in with the hay she had pulled out of the holder. (Shown next to inches for scale) Any idea what this is, if it could have caused the issues with her stools, and if not, what things could have caused this?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-08-26 22.51.58.jpg (85.5 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire