dimanche 30 août 2015

Bladder stones - Surgery for older chin?

My 11-year-old chin, Jordan, has a bladder stone and infection. He is still able to urinate right now, so it's not critical, but he does have some blood in his urine that prompted today's vet visit and discovery. They gave me antibiotics to treat the infection and I'm bringing him back in Tuesday for a consultation for surgery with the senior exotics vet. The vet I spoke with today was hesitant to recommend surgery due to his age and the chance that he could just form another stone.

I'm concerned about putting him through a serious surgery, but at the same time, he's otherwise happy and healthy. No tooth issues or history of tooth issues (they checked today). He's not quite as rigorous with his grooming as he used to be, but mostly he doesn't mind if I work out any knots in his fur that he can't get. I mostly just don't want him to suffer. I lost my degu suddenly last year and it was so hard seeing him with a little oxygen mask on his tiny face hugging a hot water bottle. I don't think I can handle seeing Jordan like that. But I hate to not treat him since he is still enjoying life.

Has anyone gone through this surgery with an older chin before? How did they do?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire