jeudi 27 août 2015

New Chin / New Owner

Before you start reading this I want to say sorry for the long post. So, last Friday we decided to get my daughter a Chin for her birthday. She turned 5 and wanted a guinea pig but I decided on the cuter Chinchilla. I want to add I do not let her try to grab him. I make her sit still and let him come to her...... This was kind of a spur of the moment thing but I did do a little research before I picked him up. I bought him from a local random guy who said he didn't have time to take care of him any more. The guy advised that he was 1 1/2 years old. He came with a cage and everything needed. The stuff and been chewed on and worn out plus I thought his cage was to small. We went to Petsmart and bought a new cage that is 19"W x 41"L x 24"H. We also got him some toys, lava ledges, and a wooden house. Pretty much the only thing we kept from his old cage was his Chinchiller stone.

When we let him out and about he would pretty much ignore everyone and do his own thing. He would come take hay or food out of your hand but would not let you touch him. He also seems to get scared when you talk to him while he is in a big open area. I let him run around in my living room and some in my bedroom. I felt that he doesn't interact with us very much when I do that so I decided to try the bathroom play time. Its more of a smaller space and he can't run around as much, but he is kind of forced to interact with us. I've done this everyday since last Saturday and I think he is beginning to trust me. He will walk across my lap and smell all over me. He won't really climb on my arms or hands and still doesn't like to be touched. He seems like it bothers him that his fur is messed up.

So, last night I was in the bathroom with him and I started rearranging his cage and he was super curious. Pretty much followed my hands around his cage to see what I was doing. One time I had my back turned towards him and he climbed up my back and sat on my shoulders. He also let me scratch his chin for about 15 secs last night. I've read to takes a bit to build their trust and build a bond but I've only had this dude for 6 days and he seems to be ok with me.

From what I said... Does it sound like he seems to trust me?

Also, last night he was making very feint "chirping" sounds while he was running around.... Does anyone know what that may symbolize?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire