mardi 25 août 2015

Black Velvets and Clumsiness

Hello all,
My husband and I have a new chin, black velvet, 7 months old. He is adjusting very well to his new environment, despite the breeder's warnings that he is really "jumpy" and "may take longer to fully tame".
That being said, we let him have short playtimes in the evening when he asks, and put him back in his cage after about 20-30 minutes. He seems happy, and will occasionally wall surf a bit, but he is a very poor jumper, and knocks into a lot of things. Is this normal? I am worried about him hurting himself in his playful clumsiness. The other Chinchillas I have had experience with were both older and standard coloring, so it makes me wonder if the black velvet mutations have bad eyesight or something of the sort? Are there other specifics I should watch out for with the Black velvets? I've read something about excessive shaking, but have yet to see that with my boy.

Sorry for the wall of text, just very curious about others' experiences.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire