mercredi 3 avril 2019

Please help! Chin may need emergency care

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and am in desperate need of advice. My chinchilla, Baron, is going to be 4 years in May. He has been a healthy and energetic boy his whole life. The other day, my boyfriend and I noticed he wasn't hopping out onto our shoulders like he always does, nor did it look like he has eaten or had anything to drink from his bottle.

I let him rest, thinking maybe he was tired, and the next day (this morning) I noticed he still hasn't had any liquid or food. He also has some yellowish/brownish discharge coming out of his anus/genital area. He is very jumpy and doesn't like being picked up whatsoever, so I wasn't able to get a good look.

It is now over 12 hours later (we had to go to work, but I had a friend come over and keep an eye on him) and he still has not consumed anything, and he has barely pooped. I don't know if he has peed at all. He has a vet appointment for tomorrow at 1 pm, but is this serious enough to take him to the emergency vet tonight? Please help!!! I don't want my little man to he suffering and me not acting on it quick enough.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire