mercredi 17 avril 2019

Chin Not Dusting!

Hello,

About a month and a half ago we adopted a chinchilla. This is our 3rd chin but the only one we currently have. She came from a pet store original, was purchased by a couple and they were forced to rehome her after only a week. They estimate her age to have been about 4 months but she is fully grown so we aren't exactly sure how old she is (and truthfully the prior owners didn't seem to know very much about chinchillas so I'm not even sure how accurate that age is).

Now for the problem... to my knowledge she has never dusted. Not while we have had her and not while the previous owner did.
She is not greasy AT ALL... which is strange since she hasn't had a bath in well over a month.
I have tried 4 different baths and 4 different dust products. She will go into them willingly and digs around a little but then just hops out and goes back to her wheel and toys.
I have tried to put dust on her and she jumps and squeeks/barks at me a little.

Its almost like she doesn't understand how to dust. Maybe because she's from a pet store?
I can't imagine she would be too young to want to dust... I've read they start dusting almost instantly.

And yes, I will probably take her to the vet in the near future but she is perky as a peach, eats like a piggy, drinks regularly and shows no signs of stress or discomfort at all.
Any recommendations? Ideas? Similar experiences?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire