dimanche 5 août 2018

New to Chinchillas, Need some help

Hi there! I'm a soon-to-be owner of a chinchilla, and was hoping someone would be able to help me.

I wanted to know, what stuff can be gotten commercially? I work at a pet store that I know unfortunately doesn't have the best reputation. But if I can get at least some stuff through my job, that would be ideal.

So far I've already acquired a cage, a Pervue Rat/Chinchilla cage that I took the metal grate out of the bottom and slid the pan up so it sits flush on the bottom. I live in Southern California, but have already solved my heat/humidity issue (one $270 portable air conditioner/dehumidifier later).

Where do I go next? I planned on going with Oxbow Essentials Chinchilla food and Timothy Hay, and their line of Chinchilla Bath Dust. But I've been seeing some issues regarding exercise wheels with chinchillas.

I want to give my new chin the best possible life I can. So I need all the help I can get. If there's a thread that already has everything I need to know, please point me in that direction.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire