jeudi 2 août 2018

Discharge... Again!

I have a female chinchilla, 10 years old. Poor little babe's genitals and tummy and wet today and it looks like the discharge is coming from her vagina. I didn't notice any smell when I picked her up to check her out. Looked a bit like translucent gray, but I'm guessing that could be from trying to dry herself in a dust bath.

This is the fourth or maybe fifth time this has happened. The first time was last June. Each time her appetite comes and goes but her energy is fairly normal. Antibiotics clear it up within days (thankfully) but within a few weeks or months, it's back.

My vet sees chins regularly but says it's bizarre to see such a large amount of white blood cells in the discharge but for her to be running around. We've discussed having her spayed but he would prefer to avoid it because of her age and because he's not 100% convinced it's a reproductive issue. He said that if it was pyometra I surely would not still have a chinchilla.

She'll be heading to the vet again tomorrow, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through this with one of their chins? I'm so confused about what exactly is happening and why and frustrated that I can't seem to do anything to keep her healthy for very long. She clearly feels terrible once she starts the antibiotics and I feel awful that she has to keep going through that.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire