mercredi 10 juillet 2019

Introduction of new Chinchilla to older (both female)

I have seperated my two level cage and bought all new padding and such. I let them settle in yesterday. Today I put them both in our spare bedroom with some cardboard boxes to jump around on and hay for distraction.
When the new Chinchilla came up to sniff the older, the older chinchilla snipped at her, so I seperated them for a second, but she did this a few times in 30 minutes. I know some fighting is normal, but the new one is significantly younger (smaller) so it's hard to watch her get bullied for no reason . I also see that though she snips, she is also scared. She does not mount or continue pouncing. Just snips and runs away. :cry3: Now I have snipped the older's whiskers a bit and put them in each other's cages in hopes of getting used to smells. Any more advice? What are the chances the older NEVER stops harassing her ? :cry3:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire