mercredi 10 juillet 2019

Chinchilla Malocclusion

I own two male chinchillas who are both 2 years in age. I noticed that my one chinchilla named Paco had runny eyes with white discharge. I immediately took him to the vet, and they prescribed an antibiotic eyedrop. The drops did not help, and they then gave me an ointment cream, which also did not work. I am starting to think he has malocclusion, considering his eyes. Recently, I have also noticed him rubbing the sides of his face on the bottom of the cage, and he is not taking his chew sticks and food as usual. He has also lost weight. I am taking him in to get an X-ray to confirm if this is the issue. If so, does anyone know if malocclusion can be treated or relieved? I know it is painful, and I am preparing myself for the worst if he needs to be put down. He is just so young, and his cage mate would be lonely until I could get another Chin.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire