dimanche 18 mars 2018

Is mine odd?

I finally picked up my little guy, Gambit, last Monday. He's 9 weeks old and an ebony. After I got him home I put him in his palace. He seemed really excited and was jumping all over excitedly almost immediately. I left him alone for the first 5 days except for occasionally observing him and talking to him. When I put more hay or food in his cage he seemed more curious about me and the open cage door (ferret nation) but I didn't bother him too much. He did try to dive bomb out the door once!

Last night (night 6) I placed my hands in his cage. He was so excited to play with me and instantly started nibbling at me and jumping/ climbing on me. I keep one door open and block the opening with my body while letting him sit on me. I didn't attempt to pet him, though.

Today I did the same things with my arms/ hands and slowly worked up to petting him. In no time he was loving his cheeks scratched and eventually his whole body! It's only been a week! He even fell asleep in my cradled arms while I was petting him and started this little light chirp sound. I'm amazed at how quickly this little guy is being affectionate.

I'm loving how he goes from being this little crazy Rambo jumping around in his cage at night to falling asleep on me during the day and loving getting scratched.

So two questions.... I have this wire hay rack that hangs off the side of the cage. He constantly knocks it off and all the hay ends up on the floor. He doesn't touch the hay if it's on the floor. What kind of hay holders do others use? I prefer in cage since it's slightly less mess.

Second... he won't take a dust bath! I put roughly a half inch of blue cloud dust in a plastic fish bowl shaped bowl. He'll walk in but eventually jumps out without taking a bath. I eventually take it out because it's plastic and he start s to chew it. Should I leave it in longer? Maybe not enough dust?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire