lundi 26 mars 2018

Help, think my chin has a fungus

I have a 4 year old chinchilla and a month ago I bought her a baby for company. After a few initial squabbles they're now happy together from what I can see and hear. However last night I noticed the baby suddenly has a tiny bald spot below one eye and all around her nose and whiskers. Her whiskers one one side don't look that smooth either and having had a good look this morning she seems to have quite a lot of fur missing under her jaw too. She obviously hasn't chewed it out herself but could the older one have gone a bit extreme with grooming or even pulled it out in a fight? The rest of her fur is perfect.

I'm concerned it's a fungus but surely it wouldn't appear that quick, and my other one is fine. I'm afraid they've already had a dustbath and they share it so it's too late to do anything about that, other than replace the dust. Is this something I can sort myself without a vet visit? I have read to put Tinactin in the dust bath, but I'm in the UK and we don't seem to sell it, is there an alternative? Also my main problem is that all the things I've read say to throw out anything wooden, but the whole cage is wooden as they live free range in a converted shed and I can hardly throw that away! Some advice would be very gratefully received!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire