dimanche 4 février 2018

Sister left me after 7 years, will I be ok?

Hi, new to forum but have read loads on the site over the years!

I've got a beautiful 7 and a half year old male chin called Pedro (or Pederoni as I like to sing at him!). He was rehomed with his sister by me as kits through a lady I used to work with. So have been with me since Oct 1st 2010.

They were both supposed to be males but hadn't been sexed correctly and it turned out his brother Pablo was actually a sister called Poppy! I noticed although my first chins so thankfully were separated pretty quickly! Pedro went on to be neutered and although it took a while they got back together and have always been happy cage mates. Sleep together constantly and if ones doing something the others not far behind!
Poppy's always been the boss though, definitely deciding stuff and telling him off which he's never done much to her!! He's always been more people friendly, liking lots of belly rubs and to groom my face, then try and pinch my glasses!

Poppy had tooth problems for over 4 years, has done really well until a few months ago when you could see becoming miserable. Had a dental 5 weeks ago and another tooth had become wobbly and had to come out, her second in 3months.
Had to make the horrible decision on Friday 2nd to put her to sleep. Really not enjoying life anymore, she'd been on highest dose of pain relief and still not coping well. Absolutely heartbreaking but the right thing to do (do keep questioning myself of course!).

Pedro seems to be doing ok, giving him lots of extra love and got a new batch of chewy things coming in the post! But did spend all of Friday looking for her!
I'm just wondering what other people that have been through similar things think?! At his age would he appreciate a bit of peace for a while after being told off from his sister for years?! Or is it likely he'll get depressed and like a friend?

I know every chin is very different but as these are the only chins I've had and would just appreciate a bit of advice! Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire