mardi 13 février 2018

Is my breeder reputable?

I have a deposit down on a kit that the breeder says will be ready for pickup in mid March. The breeder says it will be ready to go home around 8 weeks.

I visited the home to look around at the chinchillas first. Is it common for newborns to be housed with their mothers in very small cages? The cages were roughly 16" x 16". The other adults were caged in larger ferret nation cages and seemed to be active, friendly, and looking healthy.

Also, when handled by the breeder the kit was shaking. Is that any indication that it's not being handled daily or a possible temperament issue? The little guy was just under 4 weeks old. He was ok with being held but I noticed he was shaking since I saw his tail shaking a mile a minute when the breeder was holding him.

The breeder seemed knowledgeable, however she recommended PVC joints for hiding tunnels and had one in almost all of their cages. From the book I purchased I believe it says PVC is a no go?

Thanks in advance for any input.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire