mardi 13 février 2018

Newb Qs- shelves, bedding, smell control

I have a deposit down on a kit that will be ready to come home in roughly a month. I just placed an order for the Ferret Nation double cage. I'm planning on getting the mesh covering for the cage since it's a young kit, getting the deep bass pans, and blocking off the top level until he gets older.

I'm a bit concerned with odors. I was told and read that chins don't have any odors. But today I read some threads discussing bad odors. What is the best bedding to use that can be changed weekly or last at least 4 days? I don't want to do fleece since I can't sew and I don't want to be doing laundry every couple of days. I want as low maintenance and odor controlling as possible.

I would like to make some custom shelving since I'm handy. I researched the types of wood to use, but what thickness is recommended? Also, are there issues with chins urinating on wood? Will the wood begin to smell quickly? Or do chins typically use the lower levels/ bedding to relieve themselves?

I thought about the bass pans for the shelves as well, but I think that looks a little ugly. Plus I think I can make a more fun house for my little buddy if I custom make the shelves.


Thanks from a soon to be new owner!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire