samedi 20 janvier 2018

Ferret Nation liner questions

Apparently I need detailed instructions on how to make cage liners. I have made 5 sets of liner for my FN182 with Bass pans. Not one of the 10 liners is the right size, or even the same size as any other.

In addition to the size issue, how do you do the inside corner of the cutout for the top level without having one side bunch up?

Do you make it with two or three layers? I've been doing it with three, but I'm thinking that may be the problem.

Also, I've been cutting the fleece on carpet, which I'm thinking now might not be the best idea. I may try my next one on the kitchen floor where it can't be stretched as I lay it down.

So, just how do you go about making a successful set of liners? Do you have a pattern? What size do you cut the fleece, and how much seam allowance do you have?

One more question - I bought some fleece this morning. I had only bought anti-pill so far, but one of the ones I got this morning was labeled on the bolt as blizzard fleece. I know that is supposed to be good. But when it was cut, there were fuzzies all over the place; all over the table, all over the floor, all over the woman cutting it. She said that when it's sewn it doesn't do that. But.....????

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Trish


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire