mardi 2 janvier 2018

Best Cages and set-up

Hi all - I apologize if this has been asked and if my questions seem simple - I'm a brand new Chinchilla owner and starting out at a deficit. My husband got me a Chin from our local pet store (I know not recommended) for Christmas and while he did research - he didn't quite grasp the many nuances of Chin ownership. But he's ours now and we love him - we saw him many times in the pet store and fell in love then. He's just a baby - only about 2 months old according to the store and sweet but feisty. Whether we knew what we were getting into or not I'm committed now to giving him a great home. So I bought a critter nation double cage that will be here in two days - that I want to use to replace the starter cage - so our little guy has some height. But I've read mixed reviews on the bottom pan, and ramps. So I'm wondering if anyone has recommends if I should keep the ramps with the covers or get rid of all together? And of where I can get replacement pans that will fit the cage that aren't plastic -and then any kind of guard I can buy as I'd prefer to stick with the loose bedding -maybe try to litter train - that he's used to. I just know I'm busy and won't be as good about constantly washing fleece bedding - so loose bedding will be better - but need a better guard if I'm to do that or it will be everywhere.

I also looked at quality cages but those are so expensive -anyone know where I might find a used one? Trying to give at least 48-50 height - as even at two months, showing himself to be quite the jumper.

I'm not much of a DIY person - so looking to fit out the cage with shelves and accessories that are simple to put in and install - as anything that I have to jerry-rig myself could be tough. My husband will of course help but custom building is not his forte either.

I appreciate the advice and help. Thank you in advance!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire