lundi 9 septembre 2019

Chinchilla color question

A few months ago one of my chins passed away. He was nearly 18 years old, but we were still very sad. After a while it was more and more apparent that the other was very lonely. So we ordered a pair of standard grey females but got a couple in a color we aren't sure of. We called them Fiona and Robbie. But for the possibility of letting them have babies we need to know, cause I read if they are both velvet it can easily end deadly for both the female and the babies.

https://imgur.com/a/qxWNfB2

I tried to get good enough pics from both of them. As you can hopefully see, they both have the mask. Plus the typical dark stripes on the front paws. Her belly is dark aswell while his is a light grey (not as the usual white) and the fur from their back doesn't have the usual band.
As far as I found the informations her color could be ebony velvet, not sure about his. But maybe someone with more experience in chinchilla color identification can help me with it. If more pics are needed I can try to take better ones.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire