lundi 4 février 2019

Introduction

Hi I am Devyn and I wanted to introduce myself.
I am a new time chinchilla owner but I have been fascinated with them since I saw Chinta the Chinchilla on Go Diego Go when i was 6. Currently I have a 2 year old chinchilla named Roo. I rescued her about a month ago and she seems to be doing fine. She loves our dog who is fascinated by her. I want to get her a friend (female) but I am broke so if any of you know anybody that is giving away or selling for very cheep in the LA area plz let me know. Anyway I would like as much advice I can get to keep her healthy and happy. I have a few questions tho....
1. What toys are best she loves wood and chews everything up so quickly, I find the things that last most are her chews sticks (I currently have apple orchard for her now)
2. How do you keep her cage from smelling. My mom has threatened to get rid of her if the smell doesn't go away. She keeps telling me to open a window its been raining for days now and I don't want it to cold. I have fleece liner and am thinking about getting citrus magic to help
3. What treats are best for her that I preferably can buy in the store. She has the simple reward veggie treats now (carrots, kale, flaxseed, and pepper) which she had came with but I don't think those are very healthy. She loves them tho
4. What hay is best. I have her on two different types of hay and she likes the softer sweeter one best. I have Orchard grass hay which is sweet and soft then I have Western Timothy hay which is crunchy and hearty. I want something that is healthy yet yummy for her to consume on a daily basis (she eats a lot of hay)
5. How much pellets should I give her. The girl that rescued her said a small handful (which is a handful for me cuz i got baby hands) but I was thinking if we ever needed to leave town I want to be able to give precise measurements. So I measured it out and it was 1 1/2 tablespoons which bothers my OCD cuz I would like it to be either 1 or 2. So i looked it up and it said give her 1-2 tablespoons. I started off with 2 and she couldn't finish them in one day so I made it 1 tablespoon. She finishes faster but then eats a lot more hay. I then found on the packaging of her food that I should be giving her 2 tablespoons. So now I am stuck at how much I should give her.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire