dimanche 3 février 2019

Chinchilla Barking

I posted in the 'Chin Emergencies' section a little while ago about my chin's barking behavior, but Im trying to get some more insight. My chinchilla has recently taken to barking in the middle of the night/ during the day out of nowhere. I've been observing her and it seems like the behavior is associated with when she poops at times.

I've read that the loud 'keck' noises, or 'barking' as I refer to it, are signs of annoyance and not pain, but for some reason it seems like pain to me. I took her to the vet and we put her on a probiotic and pain medication (the probiotic was because she was on an antibiotic two weeks prior for a gum condition), but Im super nervous. I don't want her to be suffering, I cant tell if she is in pain and don't understand why she is suddenly barking.

Why would she be annoyed when she defecates? Or what could even be causing the pain? I just feel awful when she barks and at this point I don't know what to do. Any insight would help.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire