dimanche 9 septembre 2018

Hepatic lipidosis

Hi all,
I have recently acquired 4 "second hand" chins. The two brothers were 11 and 6 months old when I got them. Their parents came to me a few months later and according to the previous owner they are about 4 years old.
When I got the parents they also gave me all the food they had. When I opened the bucket I nearly died as the amount of nuts (cashew, almond & peanuts) mixed into the food was alarming. Needless to say I tossed that out and although I know you should transition to a new food slowly, I just started them on my food straight away. They have been fine on it.
What I would like to know is how much damage would have been done to their livers on this terrible diet before they came to me.
I have been told that due to the diet I will be lucky if the parents live for another 3 or 4 years.
Also would like to know if this would have affected the life span of the two brothers seeing as they had a shorter period of bad diet.
Although I haven't had them for very long, I am VERY attached to them.
Thank you in advance for your replies.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire