dimanche 6 mai 2018

Wierd chinchilla behavior?

Hi,

I just adopted a new black velvet chinchilla named Milo less then a week ago. He is about a year old according to the last owners. I have starter to put my hand in the cage and he like to bite at my sweaters and sniff me.

He is more active at night which doesn't bother me at all but he can sometimes be inactive and likes to sit right in the middle of the two levels of his critter nation cage. He will sit there for hours and won't move. Is this normal behavior? Is it just a sign of stress or just trying to get used to his new environment?

My other question is his pee. He has a litter box he will pee in but he will also pee right outside his food bowl and it kinda smells. I heard that it's not normal for chins pee to smell bad so again I ask could this be because of stress or is it something I should have the vet check out? I'm afraid il just stress him out more with a visit to the vet and find out it's nothing.

Thank you!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire