dimanche 6 mai 2018

Should I pick my chinchilla up yet?

Hi all! I am a new chinchilla owner and I love my little Tuck already! He is a sweet, spunky guy! I am actually kind of afraid to pet or hold him too soon, though, because I have read so much about how I need to "let them come to you." I am definitely patient enough and totally get that! But... I need to change his bedding out pretty badly; I'm using Carefresh and I am wanting to switch to Aspen asap because of all of the scares I've read about impaction. I don't want to go in after him and pick him up, but I also don't want to give him "free roaming play time" in a safe space until he appropriately acclimates to his new home, either! I don't want to upset or frighten him. He isn't comfortable with being petted yet, also. I have had him for 4 days, from a local pet store. (He was also very very comfortable with me holding him in the pet store, and the workers carried him gently around a lot. He was so friendly there! Now he's just adjusting I think.) Please help!!! :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire