mercredi 9 mai 2018

Chinchilla Chewing on Hammock?

I just got a hammock from Petsmart for my chinchilla today during a quick trip. At first he wasn’t interested in it that much, but now it seems he’s trying to chew on it a lot. I have plenty of things in the cage for him to chew on but he seems more interested in chewing on the hammock now. The hammock is an $8 hammock by the Petsmart brand.

I’ve been looking at the hammock where he’s chewed on it but it doesn’t seem like he’s making any progress in it. I can’t find any bite marks or tears in the fabric. He doesn’t chew the fleece I have as a liner in the cage at all, so it confuses me as to why he is chewing this.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do about this? I know it can be dangerous if he ingests part of the hammock but it doesn’t seem like he’s doing much to it. I’m just not too sure if I should take it out of the cage or not since it’s one of the best places for him to climb.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire