mercredi 9 mai 2018

Chinchilla Setup

Hello! I figured I would just write out the general setup I'm planning on using if I get a chinchilla. It would be awesome if you guys had any advice, or could critic it!

Room: I live in Arizona. The lack of humidity is nice, but it makes it hard to keep the room cold enough. To fix that, I will have the cage inside a big indoor greenhouse I have for our rabbit that has a separate air conditioner hooked up to it.

Cage: I have a single critter nation cage with one of the metal Bass pans, so I'm planning on using that. I am probably going to get a wheel, a bunch of wooden shelves and lava ledges, at least two hides, and a hammock or two if he likes them. I also plan on sewing a few double layered fleece mats for the cage floor that I can alternate and wash every week.

Play pen: Since I don't have a huge cage, I would prefer to have a free range area. I am hoping I could use the walls of the greenhouse as one side of the play pen, and some connected plastic panels as the other. It won't be the most secure thing in the world, but since I'll be out there the entire time, and even if he got out it'd still be contained, I think it will work.

Playtime: I am home most of the time, so I will be able to spend at least an hour with him a day. Free ranging will be a big part of that, but I also want to teach him some easy tricks. Of course, only if he enjoys trick training, but I have found that my pets have been a lot happier when they are learning.

Food: My rabbits have always done incredible on Sherwood, and they have Chinchilla food, so I figured I would try it.
Here's the link: https://store.sherwoodpethealth.com/...inchilla-food/

That's pretty much my plan!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire