lundi 28 mai 2018

Problems at playtime

Hi everyone,

I am a first time chinchilla owner. I have two females, one friendly and outgoing, and the other much more shy and timid. I've had them for two weeks now and the friendlier chin will come when called and let me pat her. She still won't let me pick her up but I feel like I'm making good progress with her.

The problem is with the more timid chinchilla. After playtime when I try to get her back in the cage she will hide and run away and I spend a half hour chasing her. She's clearly still afraid of me and I feel like I'm doing more damage than good by giving her playtime. Should I stop letting her out of the cage until she warms up to me more? If not, how long do you guys think it will take her to warm up to me?

Thanks for your help, everyone!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire