dimanche 19 novembre 2017

New noise after argument?

I have two chinchillas, both confirmed male, Milo and Tesla. Milo is a year old and Tesla will be a year old in February. They are kept in separate cages because Milo is so full of energy while Tesla is quite a bit more chill.

I do let them play together outside of their cages and they've played together just fine the entire time I've had them. No fighting, just a lot of cuddles and popcorning!

Just a few days ago however, Milo kept twitching his tail and trying to mount Tesla. I checked him for a hair ring just to be sure it wasn't that and found nothing. The encounter bothered Tesla so I put them both away.

The next day, it happened again! Except this time Milo seemed so very aggressive, chasing Tesla around and they were both vocalizing quite a lot. Again I put them away.

I left them to their cages for a few days and even played with them individually for another couple days.

Then today I decided to try and let them play again. I let them take dust baths. Within five minutes they were at it again. When I separated them, Milo was making this like, "huffing and puffing" noise and I couldn't find it on any reference sites to understand what it meant. I was wondering, what kind of noise this is. Is it agitation? Is Milo just being dominant?

I don't think I'll be letting them play together anymore, I'm just too afraid that things will turn violent if I do!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire